And then the panic starts. What an earth do you reply to this when you have no plans and no idea of what to do with those two days off?
Or sometimes you have the plan of having the dream chilled weekend, but it gets to Saturday afternoon and you are bored of being cooped up in the house. You know, sometimes the grass isn't always greener. You start to get FOMO and you don't know what to do.
Well guys, I have put together a few ideas of things that you might like to do this weekend, or next weekend. Or maybe just a weekday if you have some spare time. I don't know. Here's some ideas.
1. Take a walk This is one of those activities that when you do it you think 'I should really do this more'. So why don't you do it? Go walking on your local canal, or round the local park or even find a National Trust location. I am quite fortunate as I live in a very beautiful place, but I am going to be honest and say that I do not take advantage of where I live. I never go out and explore.
Walking is also really good for you. Obviously, it is exercise and exercise is good for you and is something we should all do more of. But also, I find that walking clears your mind and helps you organise your thoughts and can just make you more productive. Also, it can be a great opportunity to take some lovely photos to brighten up your insta feed, and who doesn't love that?
2. Create your capsule wardrobe If you don't know what a capsule wardrobe is, where have you been? It is the thing that has been taking the blogging and vlogging world by storm. A capsule wardrobe is the idea that you create an intire season of looks using just 37 pieces - shoes included. It is a really interesting idea and one that I would like to try out. If you would like to know more about it then Vivianna Does Makeup did a post about it and I believe the concept came from a blog called Unfancy.
Go have a read and take a look, and then start sorting through your wardrobe and experimenting with what you would put in your capsule wardrobe.
3. Text a friend If you are anything like me then you have this long list of people that you really want to text and see how they are doing and what they are doing. But life gets in the way, and then well, you forget. And then another month goes by and you still haven't spoken to them. I am the absolute worst for this. I have a list the length of my arm of people I really want to get in contact with.
There's no time like the present is there? So think about all those people you haven't spoken too in a while and send them a text. Heck, even give them a call if you have lots of time on your hands. You never know, you may even end up making plans for next weekend whilst you are doing it.
4. Start a box set
What better way to
waste spend time then indulging in some great TV. From time to time, when we have nothing planned, me and MT will scroll through netflix and put something on, and then that it is. We suddenly have a weekend of plans consisting of junk food and TV.
A good way of deciding what box set to start is to go on to twitter and see what people are talking about. This year social media seems to have gone bananas for Pretty Little Liars. But my personal favourite series are Homeland and Desperate Housewives. Both are really gripping.
Or maybe even go for something old school like the OC, or the Hills. I bloody love the Hills. One day I will take the plunge and buy the DVDs I am sure. I just wish that Netflix would have them already!
5. Run a bath Not just any bath, get the bath bombs out, get the candles lit and get an awesome playlist on. Sit there and soak away the rubbish week. How often do we all actually have the 'me' time we really crave? Not often enough. But here is your opportunity. Your opportunity to have some real relaxation time to think things over and clear your head. Also, it might be a good time to you know, shave the legs and paint the toe nails. Treat yourself. You deserve it!
6. Cook up a storm I would make this if only I had the time. How often do you tell yourself this? Everyone loves baking, and that is clear from how successful the Great British Bake Off is. So why not give it a go? It doesn't even have to take that long, why not try this recipe or this recipe. And at the end of it you have some super tasty treats to eat whilst you start a new tv series. (And some delicious things to photograph for your insta grid).
7. Read a book I have a huge list of books that I want to read, either because I have read a review on them or because I have had them recommended to me. If you're anything like me, reading gets pushed to the back of your do to list because why spend an hour reading when you be.. urm... checking twitter again? I love reading and I miss it. So when you have some free time, why not pick up a book? There are no excuses now there are Amazon apps and instant book downloads.
Reading is good for your mind too. It improves speech, writing and spelling. So consider it productive. Use your imagination. It really is good for your mind and soul.
Are you going to be trying any of these things? Do you have any more ideas?